Thursday, October 14, 2010

Learning Blog 6

Social software, Web 2.0, and Library 2.0 really interesting topics that I've studied for previous classes. I think Web 2.0 technologies are important to libraries, especially as a way of engaging the community in library activities, etc (I did a paper/presentation on Library Teen Services and Social Networking for my Intro class).

I never really thought about 2.0 technologies as a part of journalism so I'm interested to hear what the panel has to say about that tonight. Although, I should have thought about this topic because my husband is always saying that blogs give him more political info than newspaper websites do...

My biggest challenge this week has to do with the Table Talk next week. I emailed my group members yesterday (since no one has said anything to me yet about our presentation...) suggesting what we can talk about (3 different aspects of the digital divide). I have not received a response yet (as of 3:30 Thursday afternoon). I will bring all the articles I collected for the Table Talk with me to class (I have a few more that I emailed to myself that can be accessed in class if needed). As for the abstract...if my group mates haven't thought about it yet, I'll just go ahead and write up the idea I put in the email yesterday.

Other than this, things are going fine with my website. I'm eager to get some CSS on the pages to make them look a little less one-dimensional.
I worked quite a bit on content this week but I don't want to add it to the pages until I figure out how to get everything aligned how I want it on the pages.
I don't see any problems having everything done (with the website, anyway) next week.

I don't know if I really had any "ah-ha" moments this week. Maybe a small one as I read chapter 7 of the text and got the explanation of how XHTML is different from HTML and why we should use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment