Thursday, November 11, 2010

Learning Blog 10

This week I started re-working my website. I'm creating a banner with CSS, instead of just using an image, I am also using "auto" margins and putting the content & sidebar in the middle of the page (I don't remember exactly what that is called). I'm also changing the color scheme :o)

One thing that I was having trouble with is the "allcontent" or "wrapper" div. Because it has a different background color than the "body" (the page margins) I want to be sure it stretches to the bottom of the content or the bottom of the sidebar--whichever is shorter. I don't remember how to do this and I can't find anything in the book. I'll ask about this in class tonight.

The privacy readings are interesting. I was looking at the one about Facebook, too, since I'm an avid Facebook user. My opinion on the subject comes down to: ultimately you are the one responsible for what information you share online. If you don't want anyone to have your phone number, don't include that on your profile information or use a fake number. Don't post anything on a social networking site that you aren't okay with other people knowing. My husband was telling me about a news story this week about someone who got fired for posting on Facebook that she hated her boss. Well, it appears that this person had their privacy settings set so anyone could see their status updates. That's not smart! As a rule, if I don't want some people to know something, but I do want others to know...I use email, not Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment